Monday, September 7, 2009

Apparently I am failing as an English teacher...

Failure number one:
Jenni Teacher: "Ok, I am going to give you an easy question.... What direction does the rain go??"
Student (in a burst of triumph) "NOUN!!!!!"
Jenni Teacher: "Um, no." (gulp) "Not, even close. We're going to have to work on your English skills."

Failure number two:
In preparation for an upcoming test we were reviewing vocabulary words. Thus the basis for this story.... (the vocab word is LAUNCH)
Jenni Teacher: "Ok, I am thinking of one of your words. It is what an airplane or rocket ship does to go from the ground to the sky....."
Students: ***blank stares as if I barked at them verses speaking a language they are pretty fluent in**
Jenni Teacher: "Ok, how about a clue....."
This in turn excites the comatose Asians in the room as if I am providing them with the answer in lieu of them having to exert any brain power....
Jenni Teacher: "This word is very similar spelling to the word lunch...." (much bigger clue than I anticipated)
One student then went FLYING out of his chair, hands up in the air bouncing like he was shaking a turd out of his pants, claiming he knew the answer to my question but acting like he knew the answer to all of life's unanswered ones.....
"SUPPER" he screamed at the top of his lungs before collapsing in a huff of triumph in his seat. I had nothing to say, I still don't. Supper was not one of our vocab words.

No comments:

Post a Comment