Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Eclipse

Today I got to work and was bumming around the office. My boss Mr. Kim who speaks MINIMAL English and usually just nods in my direction as communication came up to me and said...

Mr. Kim: "You see sun."
Me: (Internal monolog, "honestly? it is 10 a/m of course I have seen the freaking sun") "Um-yes-I-saw-the-sun. Very-hot." While I fan myself for effect.
Mr. Kim: "You see moon?"
Me: (You've got to be kidding me!) "I-don't-see-moon. Too-much-pollution. I-have-not-seen-the-moon-in-3-weeks."
Mr. Kim: "You come me" gesturing for me to follow him as we walk to the window to stare at the sun while my retinas burn away. I still had no idea what he was getting at. Then he pulls out some colorful sheets of see through paper and holds them up to the sun and that is when I notice that there is a full blown eclipse in the process, hence the "you see sun" "you see moon"
Man, I felt like a dumb ass. It was pretty cool though, won't be seen again for 22 years!

1 comment: